GENERAL MANAGER – FLEET PERSONNEL DIVISION
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the candidate shall be responsible for facilitating change and organizational effectiveness, as well as developing, reviewing and implementing policies and procedures, for the effective sourcing, recruiting, developing, rewarding and retaining talent to meet the needs of the organization.
Job Responsibilities :-
- Strategize and develop systematic fleet manning scheduling strategies together with appointed manning agents.
- Develop career progression of crew for training & career development programs.
- Manage the discipline of the crew in accordance with the provisions of the relevant employment acts, crew articles of agreement, drug and alcohol policy, safety management system & HSE policy to ensure a high level of discipline is maintained at all time.
- Inculcate a sense of discipline amongst the personnel to ensure smooth operations, through pre joining briefing sessions, induction courses, in-house training programs and ship visit.
- Direct the investigations into reported disciplinary cases and ensure appropriate measures are taken to resolve the issues.
- Ensure the implementation of plans, policies and procedures in a consistent and effective manner to comply with the national & international statutory requirements.
- Manage the salary and benefits administration of the crew to ensure effective and efficient administration at all times to promote a healthy and conducive working environment.
- Ensure crew performance is monitored through performance appraisal reports to track their performance in achieving a satisfactory and expected level of performance to facilitate consequence and reward management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/ Management/ Business Administration/ Certificate of Competency (COC Class 1) holder or any other related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in shore based management position in maritime industry.
- Competent in Microsoft Offices application.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Management Skills: Excellent leadership and influencing skills; Effective mentoring and motivational skills and Problem-solving.
- Work Values: Excellent Planning and organizing and attention to consistent achievement of deadlines.
- Interpersonal Skills: Team player; Highly committed and motivated.
Interested applicants are invited to send your updated resume to email@example.com by 10th November 2017.
Please include the following in your resume:
- Expected & last drawn salary
- Earliest availability date / notice period