We offer exciting opportunities to work with seasoned professionals in an environment where you can improve your skills, gain knowledge and acquire valuable work experience in a variety of disciplines.
We want our employees to feel empowered to do their best by providing them with the best opportunities to
shine in the shipping industry.
List of Vacancies
Position: ASSISTANT TECHNICAL SUPERINTENDENT (LPG FLEET)
1. Vessel Monitoring
- Assist the Tech Supt to supervising day to day aspect of vessel’s operations & machinery performance with regards to technical matters and providing necessary technical support to the vessels
- Assist the Tech Supt to advice and ensure and minimize/eliminate vessels downtime loss due to unnecessary stoppage during sea voyage upon Technical Superintendent approval.
- Assist the Tech Supt to make shipboard visits for routine inspection and on other technical matters
2. Vessel Preventive Maintenance
- Assist the Tech Supt in formulating and implementing Planned Maintenance System (PMS) of the hull and machinery and repairs of vessels under the management
- Assist the Tech Supt to monitor fleet reliability and maintenance records and procedures, provide feedback for improvements
3. Spare & stores monitoring
- Assist the Tech Supt in reviewing and advice procuring ship’s machinery spares and consumable stores within vessel’s budget on operating expenses
- Assist the Tech Supt to monitor and maintain up-to-date inventory system of all spares in the fleet.
4. Vessel Trading Certification
- Assist the Tech Supt to comply with the statutory regulations and requirements of IMO, Classification Society, Flag State, Port State and Marine industry association
- Assist the Tech Supt to ensure the upkeep of vessel’s class status is at all times maintained.
- Assist the Tech Supt to Coordinate & conduct any Class or statutory surveys within the validity period
5. Technical assistance / Shore repairer arrangement
- Assist the Tech Supt to assist instructing, arranging, coordinating and monitoring works/repairs by shore repairer
- Assist the Tech Supt to assist supervise contractors’ repair/maintenance of vessels
- Assist the Tech Supt to assist sourcing for repair quotation & job confirmation for repairer
6. Dry docking repairs and survey
- Assist the Tech Supt in preparing Dry-docking or Repair Specification, analyze price quotations, coordinate with repair yard, class, contractors and vessel for eventual implementation
- Assist the Tech Supt to finalizing Dry Docking repair specification and manage every repair and dry-docking project with effective control on cost and schedule.
- Assist the Tech Supt to perform evaluation for dry-docking, repair quotes and selection of shipyards for repair works, ship maintenance etc
- Assist the Tech Supt to provide and compile documented reports upon completion of dry docking, including summaries of works performed, operational budgets, and actual expenditures
- Assist the Tech Supt to attend the vessel at dry docking, repairs and survey & monitoring day to day repair progress.
7. Incident Investigation
- Assist the Tech Supt in investigating shipboard incident and any marine incident involving the fleet and recommend preventive measures.
- Assist the Tech Supt to analysis the root cause, preventive measure and prepare report on any marine incident related to hull and machinery (H&M) damage
8. Crew Evaluation
- Assist the Tech Supt in monitoring and evaluating the performance of the shipboard engineers
- Assist the Tech Supt in participating in the briefing and de-briefing of junior officers & engineers etc. before and after appointment, as per the SMS relevant procedure
- Must have Certificate of Competency (WKE) Class 2 or Minimum Diploma in Marine Engineering. (Preferably Class 1)
- At least 2 years working experience ashore as Superintendent or equivalent or;
- Possess relevant sea-going work experience as Marine Engineer on board LPG Tankers
- Strong technical & supervisory skills
- Highly skilled in problem-solving
- Willing to travel and be on board vessels
- Able to demonstrate marine engineering and ship repair knowledge
- Understanding of ISM, ISPS, Flag state authority and other statutory latest requirements
- Able to work as a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Interested applicants are required to apply online (Jobstreet) or send in your resume to email@example.com before 30th June 2019.