Vacancy: Manager, Technical Department.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with good leadership qualities to fill the Manager position in Technical Department.
- Manage a team of technical & maintenance superintendents
- Ensure the vessels are operated in compliance to the procedures & planned maintenance requirements
- Evaluate operating conditions of machineries & equipment on board the vessels & implement corrective actions where required
- Responsible for the procurement of spare parts, stores, and other consumables in compliance with company procedures. Ensure company vessels are supplied with appropriate & sufficient stores, spare and lubricants for smooth operations of the vessels
- Responsible for the maintenance of class surveys & certification including dry docking
- Ensure vessels are maintained & repairs carried out to ensure company vessels remain in seaworthy condition.
- Prepare, deliver & control maintenance budget
- Managing vendors
- Act as technical advisor & provide technical solutions during emergencies & vessel breakdowns
- Certificate of Competency (COC) Class 1 Marine Engineer or Degree in Engineering
- Served in the capacity as Chief Engineer
- Minimum 5 years working experience as a technical superintendent or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong supervisory skills
- High level of problem solving skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to perform well as a team player and influencer
The deadline of application is on 7th July 2017.
Interested applicants are invited to send your resume to:
*Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified.