Vacancy: Manager, Procurement.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with good leadership qualities to fill the position of Procurement Manager.
- Provide Strong Leadership in support of the on-going development of the Procurement Function across the Fleet Management Division.
- Represent Procurement at a Strategic Level with Senior Management.
- Provide support and guidance to Procurement Team ensuring the use of best practice procurement tools and techniques to deliver optimum value.
- Ensure all procurement policies; processes and procedures compliant and oversee the necessary reviews and revisions as appropriate.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement relative to Supply Chain cost optimisation and customer service efficiencies.
- Endorse and promote the adherence to the Purchasing and Supplier code of Conduct ensuring ethical business practices at all times.
- Perform daily operational purchasing needs such as planning, sourcing, negotiating, issuing Purchase Order and following up the delivery schedules.
- Evaluate suppliers and subcontractors performance based on quality standards, delivery time & best price.
- To maintain a full record of all requisitions received from the vessels or prepared in the office, send out inquiries to various suppliers, compare costs after quotations are received and present to the Superintendents for approval.
- If required, follow up on advance payments, make necessary entries in the committed cost book, and thereafter liaise with suppliers, forwarders (if applicable), vessels agents and the vessel for speedy dispatch of the same.
- Vessels to be updated on a monthly basis with status of requisitions (Expected Date of Supply / Port of supply / Etc).
- Compile the committed cost figure and make entries in the relevant abstract and present to the GM Fleet Management Division.
Significant procurement experience across a broad range of categories – ideally gained with an engineering background.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree / Post Graduate Diploma / Professional Degree in Business Studies / Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 – 8 years relevant experience in a similar role preferably in Marine Industry.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship building skills are critical for this position.
- Experienced in setting up of a Functional Procurement Team/Department, establishing work-flows, operating procedures, and establishing job descriptions for the team members.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to converse, read and write in Mandarin will be an added advantage.
The deadline of application is on 16th June 2017.
Interested applicants are invited to send your resume to email@example.com